Preparing For Your Retreat
Your SERENITY YOGA AND MEDITATION RETREAT is almost upon you! How exciting! I can’t even begin to express how excited I am to share this day with you and embark on all of this amazing recharging, soul-nourishing activity.
The Week Of Your Retreat:
- Take a yoga or meditation class, or find an online class to do at home
- Find 5 minutes per day to sit in silence, with your eyes closed (it helps to choose the same time each day to build your routine)
- Every morning begin with 5 long, deep ujjayi breaths, or full-lung breaths as soon as you awaken
- Eat nourishing, vegan meals
The Day Before Your Retreat:
Pack your retreat bag. Make sure to bring the following items:
- A notebook and something to write with (try to find a special notebook you can designate as your retreat notebook!)
- Your yoga mat
- A reusable water bottle
- Eating utensils, a bowl and/or plate and a cloth napkin (this helps us reduce unnecessary waste- there will be a sink to wash your dishes). Also bring a mug or cup if you’d like tea.
- A sweater / layers (the room temperature can be unpredictable)
Options items for added comfort and support:
- Eye mask
- Cushion(s) or bolster(s)
- Yoga Blocks
- A strap or belt
*Please note that unless specified our facilities are not equipped with props (mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, blankets), so if these are required in your practice, kindly make arrangements to bring your own.
RETREAT DAY CHECKLIST:
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early to get settled. The retreat will start promptly at the start time.
- Do your best to steer clear of all intoxicants, or anything that will take your out of true self, including caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, refined sugar and/or other drugs, other than prescription medications.
- Avoid eating animal products for the whole day. Compassion begins with what you eat and sets positive energetic space in your body and mind for spiritual renewal.
- Be prepared for a digital detox. You will be asked to turn off all devices (phones, tablets, computers, etc.) and keep them stowed away for the entire day, even during lunch.
- Wear comfortable clothes you can move in freely.
Some of these elements may take some planning and mental, physical or logistical preparation. For anyone with small children or entrepreneurial work, not being available by phone or email may take some fandangling. But it can be done! You will get the most out of your retreat time if you can commit to your time and remain fully present.